Muscle cramps are sudden, involuntary contractions that occur in various muscles. These contractions are often painful and can affect different muscle groups. Commonly affected muscles include those in the back of your lower leg, the back of your thigh, and the front of your thigh. You may also experience cramps in your abdominal wall, arms, hands, and feet.
The intense pain of a cramp can awaken you at night or make it difficult to walk. A sudden, sharp pain, lasting from a few seconds .
Muscle cramps are also a sign of lack of nutrition, such as electrolytes, calcium, potassium and magnesium. There may be many causes and types of spasm. This problem is mostly on the feet, although the problem of muscle spasms can be avoided with the help of some domestic shoots.
Here are some of the tips to get rid of Muscle cramps -
- Always keep your body hydrated as dehydration can lead to muscle cramps.
- Maintain an electrolytic balance as lack of electrolytes can lead to cramps and muscle twitching. One can also opt for any electrolyte supplement.
- If the person is involved in any physical activity then for immediate recovery, person should opt for combination of protein and carbs as lack of it can also be a cause of cramps.
- Try epsom salt bath for relieving cramps.
- Perform stretching exercise.
- Apply hot or cold water bath.
- Have potassium rich foods like banana, coconut water, sweet potato, broccoli, spinach, etc.
- Consume nuts and seeds which are rich in magnesium and good for relieving muscle cramps.